Job no: 0052612
Work type: Fixed Term
Department/School: Strategy and Culture
Salary: $126,004 - $131,097 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About University Communications and Marketing at The University of Melbourne
The University’s Communications and Marketing function provides strategic, advisory and operational services to support the academic mission and the University strategy. It fosters a culture of best practice and collaboration across the University’s communication and marketing teams and stakeholders and uses data-driven insights to inform decision-making across the University.
About the role
As Retail Strategy and Marketing Revenue Specialist, you will be responsible for the overall development and stewardship of merchandise retailing and third-party advertising across University owned channels.
You will work closely with numerous stakeholders across the University and be the primary point of contact between the University and its retailing and distribution suppliers. You will be responsible for successful implementation of merchandise retailing using a combination of internal and external suppliers and implementing new contractual arrangements.
Please note, this is a fixed-term opportunity available for 9 months.
- Extensive work experience within relevant marketing and communications field and tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, finance, business or a related discipline
- Demonstrated deep functional expertise in the leadership and management of complex strategic, retail and distribution functions within a large and complex organisation.
- Significant experience in complex decision making requiring high levels of expertise and judgement.
- Strong focus and demonstrated track record in managing third party processes and operations
- Brings a commercial lens to achieve tactical and strategic objectives
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the .
Staff in the redeployment pool will be considered for this role in the first instance where appropriate.
Advertised: 09 Jun 2021 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Jun 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time