Job no: 0052657
Work type: Continuing
Department/School: Strategy and Culture
Salary: Senior Manager 1
Role & Superannuation rate: Senior Manager – Full Time – 9.5% or 17%
About University Communications and Marketing at The University of Melbourne
The University’s Communications and Marketing function provides strategic, advisory and operational services to support the academic mission and the University strategy. It fosters a culture of best practice and collaboration across the University’s communication and marketing teams and stakeholders and uses data-driven insights to inform decision-making across the University.
About the role
As Associate Director (Student Marketing Communications) you will lead and deliver effective integrated marketing communications strategies to engage with prospective students to drive global reputation, advocacy, acquisition and retention outcomes.
You will be responsible for developing and executing targeted and personalised student-focused marketing and communications strategies across the recruitment lifecycle in support of the University's teaching and learning targets in Australia and globally. This includes strategic and product marketing advice and support for professional and continuing education programs and online courses, spanning the design, development and launch of new initiatives.
An important aspect of the role is to be flexible to changing requirements and to support the UC&M leadership team in the development and delivery of strategic programs of work in the function and more broadly across the institution.
- Extensive work experience within relevant marketing and communications field (preferably within higher education sector) and post graduate qualification in marketing, communications, finance, business or a related discipline.
- Direct experience leading and developing teams (preferably within higher education sector or related, complex environments.
- Significant experience in the provision of strategic marketing advice and senior executive support in the context of large, complex organisation undergoing significant change.
- Demonstrated experience developing segment marketing communications strategies, spanning traditional and digital media, internal and external audiences, domestically and globally
- Deep experience and knowledge of digital marketing, spanning salesforce/CRM implementation, automation and optimisation, together with large-scale change management expertise.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the .
Staff in the redeployment pool will be considered for this role in the first instance where appropriate.
Advertised: 09 Jun 2021 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Jun 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time