Job no: 0052659
Work type: Fixed Term
Department/School: Strategy and Culture
Salary: Senior Manager 1
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 9.5% super
About University Communications and Marketing at The University of Melbourne
The University’s Communications and Marketing function provides strategic, advisory and operational services to support the academic mission and the University strategy. It fosters a culture of best practice and collaboration across the University’s communication and marketing teams and stakeholders and uses data-driven insights to inform decision-making across the University.
About the role
As Associate Director, Divisional Marketing Communications, you will be responsible for the provision of strategic and integrated communications and marketing advice to meet the strategic objectives of Academic Divisions and strengthen the institution’s reputation globally.
You will provide senior specialist marketing advice and operational leadership to drive localised and interdisciplinary Divisional objectives and support transition to the new UC&M model, implement new ways of working and ensure consistently high standards of C&M service delivery.
You will take a lead role in influencing widely across a diverse stakeholder group across the University Communications & Marketing team, will deputise for the directorate when required and be representative on leadership forums in the areas they partner with, working on medium to longer-term objectives.
Please note, this is a fixed-term opportunity available for 9 months.
You will have:
- Extensive experience within relevant marketing and communications field (preferably within higher education sector) and post graduate qualification in marketing, communications, finance, business or a related discipline.
- Direct experience leading and developing teams (preferably within higher education sector or related, complex environments.
- Significant experience in the provision of strategic marketing advice and senior executive support in the context of large, complex organisations.
- Demonstrated experience developing integrated marketing communications strategies, spanning traditional and digital media, internal and external audiences, domestically and globally
- Experience in leveraging constituent insights to contribute to the development of tailored, innovative and differentiated marketing communications programs Deep knowledge and application of digital marketing, together with large-scale change management expertise.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a cover letter (one page) outlining your motivation to apply for this role and describing what skills and experience you will bring to it. Please further attach a current version of your CV.
Please note that you are not expected to provide detailed responses against the selection criteria in the .
Staff in the redeployment pool will be considered for this role in the first instance where appropriate.
Advertised: 09 Jun 2021 12:05 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 23 Jun 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time