At Allianz, we care for all the things that make you, you. For feeling like you belong. For a place where learning never stops. For growing new skills and opening up exciting possibilities. For your curiosity to thrive and help transform an industry. And when life twists, there's flex for balance and the support you need. So come and share your ideas, give back and feel proud to be part of a company doing work that matters across climate change and mental health. Let's care for everyone's tomorrow so we can create a better future together.
Business Development Manager - Melbourne, VIC
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career in Business Development where you are genuinely supported to grow and develop your career?
- Supported by leaders who'll bring out the best in you
- Leading global insurer
- Be supported to grow and develop your career
Perhaps you are working in a policy services role or an administrative/customer focused role within the insurance industry or financial services industry looking to take the next step.
This unique opportunity will enable you to join our experienced Workers Compensation Distribution team based in Melbourne for a fixed term contract of 12 months.
You'll be responsible for:
Important to your success:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, to analyse and develop opportunities for new business growth
- Managing the administrative processes for all new business transfers and on-boarding for Victorian Workers Compensation
- The communication and management of queries with customers, brokers and consultants in Victoria.
- Working with leadership team to identify strategic opportunities and regularly
- Demonstrating defined sales behaviours to deliver customer centric solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement.
- Delivering effective distribution solutions.
- Contributing towards achieving / improving growth related targets.
- Ensuring service offering to customers in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Implementing and using appropriate sales methodologies, strategic selling practices and effective negotiation skills.
- Remaining up to date with relevant technical, environmental and business knowledge to provide appropriate advice to team members and customers.
What's on offer?
- You will be customer focused and a natural at building relationships with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently with all levels of seniority.
- Experience within a sales or sales support role preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, organise tasks and manage competing resources and demands.
- Exposure to product and industry knowledge coupled with the ability to deal with clients at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements to identify, pursue and close business development opportunities that contribute to the profitability of the organisation.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and ability to optimise business value to customers by delivering high quality services and positive customer experiences to sustain and enhance the customer base.
- Feel empowered to achieve your goals and supported to explore different career options
- Learn through being supported and encouraged to take on new challenges that will help you to develop new skills
- Walk straight into stable, high-trust client relationships that will enable you to confidently deliver meaningful outcomes to your clients from day one
- We embrace change and are committed to transforming the industry so our customers can live life to the fullest
Allianz is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
Allianz is committed to employment equity and therefore welcomes applications from men and women regardless of race or ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or philosophy of life. Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role. We support flexibility so please discuss your needs with us during the process.
Let's care for tomorrow. For a career with plenty of room to grow. Care to join us? www.allianz.com.au/careers