We have an exciting opening for a Professional Risks Consultant to join a vibrant and outgoing team managing complex professional risk indemnity claims, providing a full legal defence and/or resolution of all claims, which can encompass a negotiated resolution or managing litigation to verdict at trial, ensuring an optimum and efficient service to customers, maximising opportunities to ensure claims are processed to meet our customer and financial objectives within expected delivery timeframes.
- Provide clear instructions and guidelines on litigated and unlitigated claims to legal practitioners to achieve the most effective claims outcome
- Negotiate with third parties and their legal representatives to ensure the most cost-effective outcome for CGU
- Delivery of exceptional service to customers
- Process claims in an efficient manner, adhering to financial/reserving principles
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Support the achievement of IAG's objective of being a leader in the intermediated insurance industry
Skills & Experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in the field of professional indemnity or financial lines claims
- Strong negotiation skills in both litigated and non-litigated matters
- Policy coverage evaluation and determination ability
- Ability to manage and instruct external service providers
- Experience in legal & regulatory environment
- Preference for a legitimate team orientated mind set
At IAG, we live and work by our purpose to make your world a safer place. We are motivated by a unique culture that celebrates honesty, creativity, empathy, equity and collaboration. We call it the IAG way, and it means we all share a ‘ready for anything’ mindset that sets the tone for positive actions and positive outcomes. We put heart into everything we do which guides us to create amazing things for our customers, our people and our communities.
We’re brimming with ideas, ambition and a readiness to apply bold thinking and risk awareness to make a difference where it matters most.
As the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, we own some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. We are ready for anything.
Ready for anything? Let’s talk.
IAG rewards and recognises its people with generous benefits, career development opportunities and real work-life balance. Employees also enjoy 13% superannuation, up to 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work programs, various corporate partner discounts and a people-focused culture that celebrates achievements big and small.
Creating a workforce that actively embraces diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging is key to our success. We believe in treating everyone fairly which means that inclusion, removing barriers, striving for equity and embracing diversity are woven through our values and behaviors. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to providing a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements please advise us via your application.
IAG has committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our company website.