Work Type : Full Time Location : QLD
- Rapidly growing insurance organisation
- Join a high performing Domestic Motor team
- Toowong location – Brisbane Inner City
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking an experienced Motor Product Development Manager to join our high performing Product team. The purpose of this role is to lead the Motor Product Development team in the identification and recommendation of improvements to existing products, and development of new products and/or options, to enhance the value proposition for customers, selling partners and more generally A&G as a whole .
The successful candidate will engage and support Senior Management to identify, develop and implement strategies and solutions that meet the current and future needs of the business to achieve our business objectives.
- Monitor and analyse Australian and overseas insurance markets and trends;
- Identify opportunities for profitable growth in the Australian Motor insurance market;
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing products and development of new products and/or options to enhance the value proposition for our customers;
- Ensure positive cost/benefit analysis of proposed changes – develop and challenge business cases in conjunction with relevant stakeholders;
- Lead the design and development of approved new and innovative Motor products, options and benefits as well as enhancements to the existing product suite;
- Monitor and report on the progress of projects and the performance of new products, including taking corrective actions where necessary and assisting with post-implementation reviews;
- Assist Senior Management in the formulation of effective Motor product and portfolio management strategies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience within General Insurance product development, portfolio management and/or underwriting – experience in Domestic Motor insurance would be highly regarded;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of short-tail insurance product(s), underwriting and rating methods, systems and procedures – including drivers and levers of profitable growth;
- Proven track record in product development and enhancement;
- Proven experience in developing detailed cost benefit analysis and conducting post-implementation tracking of results/ emerging experience;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across the business;
- Sound numerical and analytical skills to monitor and interpret insurance portfolio data;
- Superior problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy;
- A “can do”, team focused attitude with the ability to work autonomously while maintaining focus;
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes, compliance and insurance legislation;
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, e.g. business administration, economics, commerce, law, finance, mathematics, etc. and / or professional qualification (e.g. ANZIIF) preferred – post-graduate degree would be highly regarded.
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong - City fringe location
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.