The Financial Controller will have the responsibility for leading the delivery of ERP and other critical financial systems and processes needed to facilitate our booming Hydrogen Client's rapid transformational growth through project construction then into operations.
This key role reports directly to the company Chief Financial Officer.
Key Job Responsibilties
- Create and lead the company's cross-functional ERP Delivery Team:
- Initial ERP & integrated systems framing with the CFO and others as needed.
- Internal project team member selection (multi-disciplines).
- With CFO, select external partner(s) to assist ERP Delivery Team.
- Facilitate multi-functional ERP scoping/framing/deliverables workshops.
- Develop and manage ERP delivery schedule.
- Oversee ERP implementation & UAP testing.
- Post implementation ERP user support & training.
- Ensure strong financial controls and accounting processes and procedures are in place, including but not limited to:
- Adoption and use of appropriate digital Finance and productivity tools to deliver all required accounting and financial reporting.
- Aid in the development of long-term project work breakdown structures and VOWD practices to support the significant upcoming project phases.
- Provide visibility of the company's financial position through high quality analytics and internal monthly financial reporting to inform business decisions.
- Work with the CFO and Management Accountant to optimise allocations and charging across the group of companies and its subsidiaries, compliant with relevant GST and income tax legislation.
- Administer scalable DOAs, budgeting and cost accountability matrixes.
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; including project vendors, joint venture partners and auditors.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified CA/CPA who is fully conversant with Australian IFRS and other Accounting Standards and relevant GST and Australian income tax legislation.
- Strong track record of developing high performing teams creating an inclusive work environment that allows all to contribute to their full potential.
- Value focused financial controller with significant hands-on experience with ERP delivery and developing high quality accounting processes to enable business outcomes.
- Extensive experience working in a multi-company group environment, preferably in energy and/or renewables, and providing financial stewardship of major projects during their construction and operational phases.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.