Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving the world's most critical water challenges. Xylem’s well-known global brands serve the water market and offer deep application expertise from decades of leading innovation with products, systems and services that address the full cycle of water.
We have a rewarding opportunity based in Perth for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. Reporting directly to the Engineering and Design Manager the Mechanical Design Engineer will deliver mechanical design solutions using Xylem’s core product portfolios including pumps, mixers, aerations, blowers, filters, decanters, and instruments, with applications across markets of water/wastewater transportation, mining, agriculture, food and beverage, and aquaculture.
The Mechanical Design Engineer role will take ownership of mechanical designs, supporting Xylem’s Sales Teams, Bid Teams, Project Delivery Teams and the regional Product Management Teams across Australia and New Zealand.
The role will see you:
- Interpret a customer’s vision, propose different concept design options with consideration of design practice, material availability, local fabrication costs, constructability, operation and maintenance requirements
- Provide technical assessment of client specifications and give technical guidance to the bid teams, project teams and sales teams
- Take a design concept to detailed fabrication design
- Handle site problems and trouble shoot
- Manage the technical aspect of supplier / subcontractor RFQ packages including scope and specification
- Manage technical aspect of local fabricator’s build quality, subcontractor site installation, testing and commissioning work.
This rewarding role will see you bring extensive design experience, in the mining sectors pumping and dewatering applications. (10 years+ and a Bachelor Engineering – Mechanical 10 years+ and a Bachelor Engineering – Mechanical or relevant qualifications with 15+ years experience) You will have the ability to work in true partnership with our customers and end users and cross collaborate with colleagues based across the country. You will be experienced and competent in CAD modelling and drafting, including demonstrable experience in AutoCAD Mechanical, Creo and/or Inventor along with being familiar with relevant Australia standards.
Apply Now become part of the team, be rewarded with generous employee benefits, bonuses, the opportunity to join Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”, and become part of the solution to “Solve water”!